WHY INVEST IN MANCHESTER AND UK PROPERTY?
The UK market is a prime destination for property investment from Hong Kong and overseas investors as it has continued to show strength and resilience. The Northwest of England is leading the way with a staggering 28.8% housing price rise in the next 5 years.
- Source: Savills
As one of the largest metropolitan areas in the UK's Northwest, Greater Manchester is expected to remain one of the best locations for real estate investment in the UK and Europe in the years to come. Manchester has the strongest annual house price growth among UK cities with a 6.3% year on year increase in 2021.
Why invest in Manchester and UK Property:
- Regional cities forecasted unprecedented growth, especially in the next 5 years
- High demand and low supply
- Stamp Duty holiday driving momentum.
With the London market experiencing a prolonged slowdown, international investors are looking to take advantage of the competitive property market and invest in Manchester property. The Greater Manchester region comprises 10 boroughs, including the popular Manchester City Centre and Salford, which remain firm favourites amongst investors and tenants. Salboy has several developments situated in prime areas for investors who are keen to expand their portfolios and build long-term returns from buy-to-let properties.
The UK, and Manchester in particular, remains a great option whether you are interested in buying a property for your own personal use or investment purposes. The country has built a reputation of being highly dynamic and vibrant. Real estate investment in Manchester and the UK continues to thrive, in addition to its global reputation as an education hub. Furthermore, an increasing number of young professionals are choosing to live and work in the UK, which is among the best performing countries in the world.
UK's Most Liveable City
- Manchester's rise has been remarkable. It is a world-class city that is growing more rapidly than any of its peers. With its booming population and thriving economy, the city is a top priority for investors looking to buy property from all over the world.
- According to Price Water Coopers (PwC), the economy is projected to be worth more than £6B a year by 2025, far higher than the national average.
PROPERTY MARKET CONTINUES TO THRIVE
- The UK has a strong global reputation in education with globally recognised universities; Manchester is home to 5 top universities. Both local and international graduates are equally desirable, with many continuing to live in the UK for work. Manchester also has a 58% graduate retention rate.
- Many young professionals in the UK are beginning to move out of London.
- The UK property investment market in large cities such as Manchester, Glasgow, and Birmingham is continually rising due to their large student populations.
UK HIGHLY RANKED FOR WELL-BEING BY OECD
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) measured well-being amongst developed countries. The 25 varying factors accounted for include housing, income, jobs, community, education, environment, civic engagement and health.
- UK excelled among developed countries – high environmental quality, social engagement, personal security, and a chance for engagement with civic society.
- Work life and wealth: The UK is in the top 20% of performers.
- Overall, UK was among the best performing countries, joined by the Nordic European countries, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Countries including the United States, Ireland, Germany, France, and Japan were ranked lower.